Keep your Royal Wedding celebrations going with this recipe for Fresh blueberry scones, sure to make any gathering a little more elegant!
These scones come together easily and take less than 15 minutes to bake, making them a quick and delicious treat. With a hint of lemon and tea in each bite, they’re delightfully light and satisfying.
This recipe is courtesy of Numi Tea, recipe by Leah Wise.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar (+ 1/2 teaspoon for top)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 Numi Organic Tea Mate Lemon Tea Bags
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 In a microwave, heat ⅔ cup milk in a microwave-safe container for 2 minutes (if using the stovetop, heat until hot to the touch).
- 2 Add 3 Mate Lemon Tea Bags and steep for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- 3 Leave tea bags in milk and place container in the freezer to cool it down for about 30 minutes.
- 4 Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 5 Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in large mixing bowl.
- 6 Cut butter into small pieces, then add to mixture. Use your hands to press butter into mix and break it into smaller pieces with your fingers. Continue until mixture resembles damp sand.
- 7 Add sugar and stir gently with a spoon to mix.
- 8 Add milk and blueberries. Use your fingers to gently press batter together until it forms dough.
- 9 Using a round plate, pat dough into a circle about 1½" in height.
- 10 Evenly sprinkle about ½ teaspoon white, granulated sugar on top.
- 11 Cut into 8 wedges and place on greased or buttered cookie sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes, until browned on bottom.