Blueberry Muffins. These homemade blueberry muffins can be made up to 2 days ahead of time, which is a great time saver when planning for company.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 346 Fat, Total: 13g Carbohydrates, Total: 52g
Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 351mg Protein: 6g
Fiber: 2g % Cal. from Fat: 34% % Cal. from Carbs: 60%
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen, unthawed, blueberries
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 12 round mousse rings on large heavy flat baking sheet and spray insides with nonstick spray.
- 2 Using electric stand mixer, blend flour, sugar, butter and salt in large bowl until mixture resembles fine meal. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture in small bowl.
- 3 Add baking powder, baking soda and mace to remaining flour mixture in large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla to blend in medium bowl. Gradually beat into flour mixture.
- 4 Add baking powder, baking soda and mace to remaining flour mixture in large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs and vanilla to blend in medium bowl. Gradually beat into flour mixture.
- 5 Carefully and evenly fold in blueberries. Divide batter evenly among prepared rings. Sprinkle streusel over tops of muffins.
- 6 Bake until golden brown and tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes for fresh berries and 35 minutes for frozen. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- 7 Using spatula, carefully transfer muffins to rack and cool until warm. Starting at bottom, run small, sharp knife around edge of muffin to loosen and remove ring.
- 8 DO-AHEAD: Muffins can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature. Rewarm in 275°F oven for 10 minutes, if desired.