This indulgent breakfast recipe is designed to be made the night before to save you time in the morning. With Irish cream, maple syrup, and loads of butter you might still end up being late to work because you refuse to leave the table!
Chef Cari prepares this dish, and dished out some helpful hints in the latest episode of 90 Seconds in the Kitchen.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 3 cups milk
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1 Take a large baking dish and cover the bottom and sides with butter.
- 2 Slice a loaf of french bread into toast width and layer the bread into the dish.
- 3 Crack four eggs in a large mixing bowl and whisk them until smooth. Pour in a cup of sugar, mix, and then add a cup of Irish liqueur.
- 4 Add the salt, vanilla, and finally the milk, making sure to mix as you pour.
- 5 Pour the mixture over the bread evenly and then add a generous amount of cinnamon sugar onto the bread.
- 6 Bake the french toast at 350 degrees for about thirty minutes or until the bread is golden brown.