These breakfast tacos are inexpensive, quick to make, and perfect for on-the-go families.
The key ingredients: corn tortillas packed with spicy chorizo and scrambled eggs, topped with a tomatillo salsa, Mexican cheese, ripe avocado, and cilantro. A lovely Latino-style way to start the day.
- 10 ounces Mexican chorizo sausage, casings removed
- Canola oil
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup Mexican four cheese blend, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared tomatillo salsa
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, sliced
- 1 Brush canola oil on both sides of the corn tortillas and grill for 3 minutes each side. Form in the shape of a taco while still warm and set aside.
- 2 In a large skillet cook chorizo over medium-high heat, breaking up, about 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.
- 3 Add onions and sauté for 30 seconds.
- 4 Drain and transfer to bowl; cover to keep warm.
- 5 In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6 Add oil to the same skillet; heat over medium heat. Add eggs; cook until softly scrambled.
- 7 Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- 8 Divide eggs between the tacos. Top with cheese, chorizo, cilantro, salsa and avocado.