Brioche Bread Pudding Recipe. Each of these rich desserts is big enough to share. If you’d like, you can substitute hearty country bread for the brioche. For a sweet touch, add 2 tablespoons golden raisins to the egg mixture just before pouring it into the pie dishes.
This recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
- 2 cups brioche cubes (each about 1/2 inch square)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Position a rack in the center of an oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter two 10-ounce individual pie dishes and divide the brioche cubes between them.
- 2 In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the cream until steam starts to rise, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside
- 3 In a bowl, whisk together the egg, egg yolk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. Whisking constantly, slowly pour the warm cream into the egg mixture. Divide the mixture between the prepared pie dishes and place them on a baking sheet. Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.