Finger-lickin’ brisket with a surprisingly few amount of ingredients. Serve with this irresistible Mango Barbecue Sauce as an entrée, sandwich or make brisket quesadillas for a knock-out recipe.
Terrific Tip: Cook in crock pot on low for 8 hours.
Brisket Quesadillas: Lay out tortillas and cover with shredded brisket, 1-2 tablespoons Mango Barbecue Sauce, Brie and red onions. Top with another tortilla. Cook in heated skillet until bottom is crisp, flip over, and cook another 1-2 minutes. Cut into fourths.
To watch a full video recipe demonstration by Holly Clegg, click here.
- 3 pound brisket, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) can diet Dr. Pepper
- Mango barbecue sauce:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 1 Preheat oven 300°F.
- 2 Season brisket with chili powder, garlic powder and pepper.
- 3 Place in roaster or large pot.
- 4 Pour Dr. Pepper over top.
- 5 Bake, covered, 5 hours or until tender.
- 6 Serve with Mango Barbecue Sauce.
- 7 For the sauce: In small pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onion until tender.
- 8 Add remaining ingredients, cooking over low heat for 10 minutes.