Adopting a new lifestyle and changing the way you eat requires trying new things and foods. My approach to food is to experiment, experiment, experiment! You may not love every recipe, but if you keep trying you will find some wonderful new recipes that you can’t do without. These will become your staples. Below is one of my favorite super healthy recipes.
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, (remove seeds) cut into large 1-2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup raw almonds (soaked for 2 or more hours, drain)
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes(packed in olive oil or rehydrated)
- 1 teaspoon dulse flakes
- 1 tablespoon Bragg’s Liquid Amino
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 package of marinated coconut curry tempeh (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 Chop bell pepper Heat about 3-4 tablespoons of water in a wok or stainless steel pan.
- 2 Add tempeh and cook for 2-3 minutes to brown slightly.
- 3 Add broccoli, bell pepper and sundried tomatoes. Cover and let cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes, stir occasionally to prevent tempeh from sticking.
- 4 Add all other ingredients except olive oil. Cover for another 2 minutes until broccoli is bright green and still firm. Remove from heat and drizzle with olive oil.
- 5 Serve over brown rice or quinoa.