This dish will make a great addition to any meal. Wonderful with roasted chicken or baked ham.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 can Cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 can French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil an 11x7x2-inch baking dish.
- 2 Combine broccoli, water chestnuts, and celery in a mixing bowl. Combine soup, milk, and dry mustard; stir until smooth. Pour over vegetables and blend thoroughly. Set aside.
- 3 Combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, onions, and butter; stir until crumbly.
- 4 Sprinkle 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture over bottom of prepared dish. Spoon vegetable mixture over crumbs; top with remaining crumbs.
- 5 Bake 20 to 25 minutes until bubbly.