A new twist on an old favorite!
- 3 cups fresh peeled and sliced peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup almonds
- Grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 In a medium saucepan combine peaches, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice.
- 3 Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- 4 In a small sauce pan melt the butter over medium/high heat swirling until just lightly browned.
- 5 Pour butter into an 8X8 baking dish.
- 6 Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, salt, baking powder mixing wel.l
- 7 Pour in the buttermilk and combine until all ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- 8 Pour the batter over the melted butter.
- 9 Top with the peaches, almonds, brown sugar and nutmeg.
- 10 Bake 50-55 minutes.