Buffalo Chicken Panini Recipe. Here’s a simple way to make a hot and hearty Buffalo Chicken sandwich. Recipe courtesy of Sara Lee.
Recipe courtesy of Sara Lee.
- 4 tablespoons Blue cheese dressing
- 2 slices 7-grain bread
- 4 slices Sara Lee Buffalo Style Chicken Breast
- 1/4 bunch watercress
- 1/2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- To make Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (mild)
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Spread blue cheese dressing evenly on top and bottom slice of bread.
- 2 Layer chicken, watercress, celery and walnuts and close sandwich.
- 3 Heat your Panini maker or sandwich press. Butter each side of the press.
- 4 Place the sandwiches inside, press down and grill until the bread is flat and browned, approximately 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- 5 To create your own Blue Cheese dressing (makes enough for 2 sandwiches): In a bowl, break up the blue cheese and whisk in buttermilk. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix to a chunky consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.