Baja Rice and Beans Recipe – “Black and pinto beans are spiced up with green chilies to create this Tex-Mex favorite. “
“Black and pinto beans are spiced up with green chilies to create this Tex-Mex favorite. “
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.8g
Total Carbs: 44.7g
Dietary Fiber: 9.8g
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can BUSH'S® BEST Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can BUSH'S® BEST Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 6 chicken breasts, grilled
- 1 In large skillet, saute green pepper, onion, and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in broth and cumin. Bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 2 Add BUSH'S BEST Black Beans, BUSH'S BEST Pinto Beans, tomatoes, corn and vinegar. Heat thoroughly.
- 3 Serve over rice and top with grilled chicken.