This sauce is meant to be paired with the Apple Pear Pecan Pie recipe from Haute Cuisine
However, you may want to try it with some of your own favorites to give them a new, warm twist.
Interested in finding out more about the use of unsalted butter?
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch and water.
- 2 Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened and clear.
- 3 Stir in rum extract and 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- 4 Serve with dessert or ice cream of your choice.