SPAM® goes glam in these upscale coconut encrusted appetizers served with sweet and sour on the side.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic
- 1 1/2 cups complete pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Cut SPAM® into 32 spears. Place wooden toothpick lengthwise into each spear.
- 3 In bowl, combine pancake mix and cajun seasoning, gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Dip each spear into batter, roll in coconut until lightly coated.
- 4 Place on lightly sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes, turning halfway through baking, until golden brown and batter is cooked through.
- 5 Serve warm fritters with sweet & sour sauce on the side for dipping. Makes 32 appetizer servings.