Cajun Pecan Catfish Recipe – The flavors of the Louisiana bayou country come to life in this recipe. McCormick Gourmet Collection Cajun Seasoning adds a spicy-hot blend of peppers, onion, garlic and herbs to this catfish dish.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cajun Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Parsley Flakes
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Place fish in shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- 3 Mix oil, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice and thyme in medium bowl. Spoon or brush 1/2 the mixture over fish. Add pecans, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and parsley to remaining oil mixture; mix well. Coat fish on both sides in bread crumb mixture.
- 5 Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 7 TIP: You can substitute cod, pollock, rainbow trout or striped bass for the catfish.