Inspired by Halloween’s signature candy, these bright cupcakes feature vibrant layers of orange and yellow cake topped with creamy white frosting and sprinkles.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
- 1 package (2-layer size) white cake mix
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- candy corn
- orange sprinkles
- 1 Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Divide batter in half. Tint one batch yellow with 1/3 teaspoon yellow food color. Tint second batch orange with 1/4 teaspoon yellow food color and 1/8 teaspoon red food color.
- 2 Fill each paper-lined muffin cup 1/3 full with yellow batter. Gently add orange batter on top of yellow batter, filling each muffin cup 2/3 full. Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- 3 Frost cupcakes. Decorate with sprinkles and candy corn.