Also known as angel hair pasta, capellini is at its best tossed with a simple sauce of chopped fresh tomatoes, basil and fruity extra-virgin olive oil.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound dried capellini
- 1 In a large nonreactive bowl, combine the olive oil, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper, and stir until blended. Set aside.
- 2 Bring a large pot two-thirds full of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt and the pasta and cook according to the package instructions until al dente (tender but firm to the bite).
- 3 Drain the pasta, add it to the tomato sauce and toss to mix. Taste and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- 4 Divide the pasta among individual bowls and serve immediately.