Caramel Nut Cheesecake Recipe. Our caramel sauce from Michael Recchiuti boasts a rich, nutty flavor. To prepare this recipe with another caramel sauce, use 1/3 cup sugar instead of 1/2 cup in the filling.
This recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons, plus 8 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup ground toasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 1 Preheat an oven to 325°F. Lightly butter 4 mini-springform pans.
- 2 In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sour cream and beat on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs, heavy cream and 1/2 cup of the sugar and beat until blended.
- 3 In a mixing bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans, butter and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and stir until blended. Divide the mixture among the prepared pans and using your fingers, pat the mixture evenly onto the bottom of each pan. Drizzle 2 tablespoons caramel sauce over each crust and divide the filling among the pans.
- 4 Bake until the filling is set, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer the cheesecakes to a rack and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- 5 To serve, unmold the cheesecakes and sprinkle 2 teaspoons sugar over each cheesecake. Using a kitchen torch, move the flame continuously in small circles over the surface until the sugar melts and browns. Makes 4 mini-cheesecakes.