The perfect appetizer or hors-d’oeuvres to bring out when it’s your turn to host the next party!
Excerpted from INSTYLE Parties by the Editors of INSTYLE. Copyright © 2017 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Meredith Corporation. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 (4-ounce) log fresh mild goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Center a rack in the oven and preheat to 450°F
- 2 In a heavy skillet, melt the butter over medium-high. Sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 15 minutes
- 3 Add the water and deglaze the skillet, loosening any brown bits and cooking until the water evaporates. Stir in the thyme and cook until the onion is a deeper brown, about 10 minutes
- 4 While the onion is cooking, cut off 1⁄3 of the pastry sheet, cutting lengthwise along the perforated line. Halve the piece again lengthwise to create 2 (10- x 3-inch) strips. Cut each strip into 8 triangles
- 5 Place the triangles on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, prick the pastry all over with a fork; bake until golden, about 10 minutes
- 6 Spread the goat cheese onto the triangles; top with the onions
- 7 Garnish with the fresh thyme leaves and serve immediately