This dish is layered with sweet and savory flavors, thanks to the tropical trio of pumpkin pie spice, coconut milk and mangoes.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Paprika
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Red Pepper, Crushed
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks, unthawed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, paprika, 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin pie spice, sea salt and red pepper in shallow dish. Coat chicken evenly on both sides in flour mixture.
- 2 Heat oil in nonstick 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove chicken. Drain excess fat from pan. Add red onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in tomatoes, coconut milk, mango and remaining 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Bring to boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with cooked rice, if desired.