Eating vegetables has never been more fun! Swap the typical white-flour breading for a superfood breading, made with pecans, for a power-packed side dish or snack.
This recipe was created by Dawn Jackson Blatner, RDN, and is shared with us by the American Pecan Council.
- 3/4 cup raw pecan halves or pieces
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2 In a food processor, pulse pecans into a flour-like consistency (careful not to run into butter).
- 3 In a large bowl, mix together pecan "flour," brown rice flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add water and mix into a batter consistency.
- 4 Add cauliflower floret to bowl and toss to coat until all of batter is used.
- 5 Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 6 Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip florets, and bake an additional 10 minutes, until golden.
- 7 Serve as-is or with a side of hot sauce, marinara, or ranch.