November 1 is National Pâté Day and our friends at Les Trois Petits Cochons (3 Little Pigs) have a perfect way to celebrate with this recipe for an on-trend Banh Mi Sandwich.
Pate is a mixture, typically of ground cooked meat and fat, that’s minced to create a paste that’s spreadable.
Les Trois Petits Cochons began in 1975 as a small charcuterie store in Greenwich Village. Today, the company offers a variety of hand-crafted pâté and charcuterie. Learn more here.
- 1 (8 ounce) Les Trois Petits Cochons Pâté de Champagne
- 1 French baguette
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Cucumber, large, peeled, seeded and halved crosswise and sliced lengthwise into 1/8-inch pieces.
- 1.5 cups Pickled carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup Cilantro leaves, fresh, packed tightly
- 4 teaspoons Soy sauce
- 1 Slice off the top 1/3 of the baguette lengthwise and set aside. Remove enough of the bottom interior so that the filling will easily fit inside.
- 2 Spread half of the mayonnaise on top and the other half on the bottom of the baguette.
- 3 Take the Pate de Campagne out of the refrigerator, un-mold, remove aspic and, with a chef's knife, slice into eight equal parts.
- 4 Place the slices of Pate de Campagne next to one another on the bottom half of the baguette.
- 5 Top with cucumber, pickled carrots, cilantro leaves, soy sauce and close with the upper part of the baguette.
- 6 Cut into 4 equal sandwiches and serve with Les Trois Petits Cochons Cornichons (baby Gherkins).