Add a little sparkle to your next celebration with this combination of citrus and champagne. Fresh ingredients add a bit of punch to this summer drink.
Recipe courtesy of Chinet.
- 1-1/3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/2 cup cognac
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 bottles chilled dry Champagne or sparking wine
- Orange or lemon slices
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- 1 Combine the lemon juice, sugar, orange liqueur, Triple Sec, cognac, and orange juice in a non-reactive bowl and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- 2 Add the Champagne and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 3 Pour into a decorative bowl or pitcher. Garnish with orange or lemon slices and fresh strawberries, if desired. Serve in Champagne flutes, wine glasses, or punch cups.