Salute tonight’s Oscar® winners with this Champagne Jello and Caviar Toast. Not only will you shine, your guests will enjoy one heck of a fun and upscale treat.
These were created by Andrea Correale, celebrity caterer, and founder and President of Elegant Affairs. For more than 20 years, she’s produced high-profile events for a variety of stars and musicians.
- 1 cup champagne
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- White soda (Sprite or 7-Up)
- Mini triangular toasted crackers
- Black caviar
- 1 In saucepan, combine champagne, sugar, lime juice, and gelatin. Set aside, let sit for 5 minutes.
- 2 Heat mixture over low and thoroughly mix until gelatin completely dissolves (do not let the mixture boil). Remove mixture from heat and add white soda.
- 3 Allow bubbles to fizz out and pour mixture onto an 1-inch thick sheet pan. Refrigerate 3 hours until completely set.
- 4 Once set, cut sheet into small cubes or rectangles. Place cubes into tall champagne flutes.
- 5 When ready to serve, top each glass with a piece of toast and caviar if desired.