From top to bottom this Cheese Stuffed French Toast Recipe boasts flavor-packed accents that are sure to have everyone raving.
Why Try? It’s decadent, indulgent and delicious all at once.
- 1 loaf dried French bread (8-12 ounces)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or real maple flavored syrup
- 8 medium sized eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 Cut bread into pieces and layer on the bottom of a well-greased 13/9 1/2 Pyrex baking pan.
- 2 Cut the cream cheese into 1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces and layer them over the bread.
- 3 Top the cheese with the remaining bread squares like little hats covering the cheese.
- 4 Beat eggs, stir in milk, syrup, and butter and mix well.
- 5 Pour evenly over bread and then press it down gently to let all the bread soak up egg mixture.
- 6 Refrigerate overnight.
- 7 Bake in preheated 350° oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 8 Serve with a seasonal fresh or a frozen sliced, sugared strawberry sauce or other fruit sauces.