Try this cheesecake coffeecake for breakfast or afternoon tea to chase away any winter doldrums!
From Breakfasts Ozarks Style. Used by permission. Read more here
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup instant oatmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (grated orange rind)
- 1 Blend margarine, cream cheese and sugar.
- 2 Add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 3 Combine dry ingredients and add to the cream cheese mixture.
- 4 Blend in orange zest.
- 5 Spoon batter into well-greased 8' baking pan or 12 muffin pans.
- 6 Add crumb topping, using 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/3 cup flour and 2 tablespoons margarine.
- 7 Sprinkle crumb topping over batter then bake at 350 degrees.
- 8 Bake 35-40 minutes for coffeecake or 20 minutes for muffins.