This Cheesy Breakfast Burrito Casserole is perfect to make ahead and bake in the morning. You can also double the recipe and freeze one for later! Feel free to get creative with fillings and toppings, especially those that are local or seasonal.
Want to see the video? We have it right here!
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup mini colored peppers, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 10 eggs, large
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, kosher
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar salsa verde, divided
- 6-10” tortillas, flour
- 2 1/2 cups, Colby jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 cups cheese sauce, prepared
- Optional for garnish: diced avocado, halved grape tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, salsa verde
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Beat eggs, salt, pepper, and water in a medium bowl.
- 3 In a large, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add peppers and onions; saute for 4 minutes or until tender.
- 4 Pour egg mixture into the pepper mixture. Cook, without stirring, until the eggs begin to set on the bottom, about 1 minute. Using a spatula, stir the eggs and swipe the sides of the pan until set but still soft. Be careful not to over stir.
- 5 Spread 2 tablespoons salsa verde over the center of each flour tortilla. Top with 1/2 cup egg mixture, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese and a generous pinch of cilantro. Roll up and place seam-side down in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour cheese sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 6 Bake 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Serve with desired toppings.