This holiday season, make this easy, cheesy dip. Your guests won’t be able to resist the tasty fun.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 8 ounces shredded processed cheese food (such as Velveeta)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento, drained
- BITE-SIZE BISCUITS 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 In medium saucepan, bring 1 cup of the water to a boil. Dissolve Pioneer Country Gravy Mix in remaining 1/2 cup water; stir into boiling water until thickened. Stir in cheese.
- 2 Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli and pimento.
- 3 Heat through, stirring occasionally. Pour cheese mixture into fondue pot or ceramic pot.
- 4 Make Bite-Size Biscuits: In large bowl, stir together biscuit mix and milk to form a ball. Turn out onto floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times. Roll out to 1/4-inch thickness.
- 5 Cut out biscuits using miniature (about 1 inch) cookie cutters or cut into 1-inch squares using a knife.
- 6 Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7 Place in a serving basket. Using wooden picks, dip Bite-Size Biscuits into Cheesy Broccoli Fondue. Makes 4 to 5 dozen biscuits.