This Neapolitan Pizza is from Chef Alfio Ghezzi of the two-Michelin star restaurant, Locanda Margon!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, Ghezzi has perfected this pizza and paired it with Ferrari Trento Rosé, which has the delicacy of mountain Chardonnay meeting an Italian Pino Nero. The two together create a dynamic meal that you can make at home for your loved one this special holiday.
Chef’s recipe calls for both 0 and 00 types of flour. These are Italian standards for grading flours with 0 being more of a stronger all-purpose flour, while 00 is lighter and more finely ground. Learn more here.
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomato sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 pinches dry oregano
- 4 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- Urbani halved truffle or truffle oil
For the Pizza Dough
- 1 cup type 0 flour
- 3 1/2 cups type 00 flour
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups type 00 flour
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 Knead the first part of the ingredients for 15 min keeping in mind to add the salt only at the end and then let the dough rest covered by a kitchen towel for 1 hour; afterward, add to the dough 3 cups of the type 00 flour and ⅓ cup water.
- 2 Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for another hour; divide the dough into four pieces, put them on a plate, cover them with plastic wrap and leave them in the fridge for an entire night.
- 3 The next day, take them out of the fridge, let them rise for three hours and then roll them out, obtaining disks of 11 inches in diameter, leaving more dough on the edge in order to make the characteristic crust once cooked.
- 1 Season the cherry tomato sauce with salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and dry oregano, spread the tomato sauce on the pizza, cook them in the oven at 500°F and two minutes before taking them out add the mozzarella cheese.
- 2 Before serving, add the halved cherry tomatoes, basil, and shaved truffles or truffle oil to taste.