Cherry Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe. Adding cherries to this chicken salad gives it a colorful and delicious twist. And, by serving it on a croissant, you’ll feel as if you’re dining at a favorite corner bistro.
This recipe courtesy of Recipe Goldmine and the Cherry Marketing Institute.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 to 4 croissants
- 1 Combine chicken, cherries and onions in a large bowl; mix well. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice and pepper; pour over chicken mixture. Mix gently. Refrigerate, covered, 1 to 2 hours.
- 2 Spoon chicken salad onto sliced croissants; top with lettuce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 3 Makes 2 to 4 servings, depending on size of croissants.