This recipe for Cherry Pecan Energy Bites is shared by the American Pecan Council. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip these little powerhouses up in under 10 minutes for a nutritious, power-packed snack!
Chock full of super foods including pecans, cherries and oats – they’re deliciously packed with nutrients.
- 1 cup toasted pecan halves or pieces
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, plus more for coating
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- 2 Pulse until the ingredients begin to bind and form a loose dough-like ball.
- 3 Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in cacao powder (optional) and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4 Note: To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute 1/4 cup of certified gluten-free old-fashioned oats. The energy balls will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.