Make these buttery-tasting bars rich with caramel and pecans.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 2/3 cups packed light brown sugar (divided)
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 In food processor container, combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, 1 cup of the brown sugar and 1/2 cup of the butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 2 Press mixture on bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray to form crust. Sprinkle pecans evenly over crust.
- 3 In 8-cup glass measure or microwave-safe bowl, combine remaining 2/3 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Microwave on High for 4 minutes or until mixture is thickened and syrupy, stirring every minute. Pour evenly over crust and pecans.
- 4 Bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until caramel layer is bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand 3 minutes. Using a knife, swirl chips over caramel to create a marbled effect..
- 5 Cool completely; cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.