These rich, chewy oat bars will satisfy kids of all ages when you serve them after school or after work.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
When measuring Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, gently spoon mix into nested (dry) measuring cup/s. Using a metal spatula or straight-edged knife, level off the top.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 In 4-cup glass measure, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and 1 tablespoon butter. Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is melted.
- 2 In large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, 3/4 cup butter, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix and oats until well combined.
- 3 Spoon 2/3 of the batter into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray; press to flatten. Drop chocolate mixture by teaspoonfuls over batter. Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining batter over top of chocolate; swirl together with tip of knife or wooden pick.
- 4 Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until bars are light golden brown and center is almost set. Cool completely. Cut into bars. Makes 4 dozen bars.