Here’s a superb summertime dish. Savory grilled chicken and sweet mangoes coexist beautifully on skewers. A splash of lime juice and and a dash of cayenne pepper turn this recipe into something truly special.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma Kitchens.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 ripe but firm mangoes, peeled and cut into 2-ince cubes
- 1 In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, chili powder, cayenne, salt and sugar. Add the chicken and mangoes and stir gently to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- 2 Prepare a hot fire in a grill.
- 3 Remove the chicken and mangoes from the marinade and thread onto metal skewers, alternating the pieces and dividing them evenly.
- 4 Arrange the skewers on the grill and cook, turning once, until the chicken is nicely charred and cooked through, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a warmed platter and serve immediately.