Great flavor with minimal preparation — this is the perfect recipe for a weeknight meal. A warming and hearty comfort food for a cold winter night
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 343, Fat: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 32 g, Cholesterol: 108 mg, Sodium: 963 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 29 g.
Test Kitchen Tip: Six large bone-in chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds) will yield about 1 1/2 pounds when skinned and boned.
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, well trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 medium carrots (about 1/2 pound), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 6 ounces medium egg noodles (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut each thigh into 4 pieces and place on plate. Mix seasonings and sprinkle over chicken.
- 2 Place broth, tomatoes, carrots and onion slices in slow cooker. Stir in seasoned chicken; cover.
- 3 Cook 8 hours on LOW. Increase heat to HIGH. Stir in noodles and peas; cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes on HIGH or until noodles are tender but still firm. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow noodles to absorb the broth.