Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
These kababs are cooked in a Tandoori oven in restaurants, but you can successfully recreate the great flavor under the broiler. The cream and saffron marinade give the chicken a golden glow and a soft texture.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories: 237 Fat, Total: 7g Carbohydrates, Total: 6g
Cholesterol: 97mg Sodium: 883mg Protein: 36g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 27% % Cal. from Carbs: 10%
Serve with an onion and mint relish.
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads, crushed
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts skinned and cut into kabob-sized pieces
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece ginger peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garam masala*
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FOR ONION-MINT RELISH:
- 1 medium thinly onion sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Warm one tablespoon cream in the microwave and dissolve the saffron in it. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 2 In a mixing bowl combine chicken and saffron mixture. Stir to coat and set aside for 15 minutes.
- 3 Prepare marinade by pureeing the garlic and ginger with the yogurt in a blender. Remove to a small mixing bowl and add the paprika, garam masala and cayenne.
- 4 Sprinkle the salt on the chicken. Add the marinade and turn chicken pieces to coat well. Set aside for at least half an hour to marinate at room temperature, or marinate for up to 6 hours in the refrigerator. Bring chicken pieces to room temperature before proceeding.
- 5 When ready to cook, add the oil to the chicken pieces, stirring to coat well. Thread the pieces onto skewers and broil for 5-6 minutes a side, until done. Garnish with the onion-mint relish.
- 6 *NOTE: Garam Masala can be store purchased but is best freshly ground. (see recipe)