Basil and Italy’s most famous wine give this chicken dish a rich flavor. It’s an easy entrée that’s special enough for entertaining.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- 1 pound thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Basil Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Mix flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour mixture. Reserve excess flour to use for thickening.
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add 1/2 of the chicken; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 3 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth; stir to loosen any browned bits in bottom of skillet. Stir in wine, basil and onion powder. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. If thicker sauce is desired, whisk in 1 to 2 teaspoons of the reserved flour. Return chicken to skillet; simmer until heated through. Serve over cooked pasta, if desired.