The wings are coated in a mango-chili sauce and grilled. They’re then tossed to fully coat again with the mango-chili sauce before serving with a garnish of scallions and diced mangos. —Editor
- 3 large mangos, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon organic molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the chicken
- 2 pounds chicken wings (about 24) wingtips removed, or drumettes rinsed and patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- 1 Place all of the mango-chili sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender. Puree until smooth.
- 2 Place chicken wings in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Coat with 1/2 cup of mango-chili sauce, set the rest of the sauce aside for later. Sprinkle wings with sesame seeds and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- 3 Grease a grill or grill pan. Grill the wings for about 5 minutes on each side, or until opaque and fully cooked through.
- 4 While wings cook, place reserved sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, add a few teaspoons of water until the desired consistency is reached. If the sauce is too thin, continue to cook until thick.
- 5 Toss chicken wings in 1/4 cup of sauce (or brush sauce on them) and place on a serving platter.
- 6 Garnish with chopped scallions and diced mangoes, and serve with remaining mango-chili sauce on the side for dipping!