- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons wildflower honey, plus more for garnish
- 1 lemon, juiced
- kosher salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Combine all ingredients except 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice in a 3-quart heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- 2 Using a blender or food processor, purée the soup in batches, being careful with hot liquid. Place puréed soup in the refrigerator to completely cool down.
- 3 To serve soup, stir in remaining 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with a drizzle of honey, sour cream and a sprig of fresh thyme.