These miniature bundt cakes will be on your holiday must have list once you try them!
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Makes about 10
Facts per Serving
Calories: 887 Fat, Total: 46g Carbohydrates, Total: 116g
Cholesterol: 222mg Sodium: 184mg Protein: 9g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 47% % Cal. from Carbs: 52%
- FOR MINIATURE BUNDT POUND CAKES: 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- FOR CHOCOLATE-ORANGE GLAZE TOPPING: 8 ounces bittersweet (not unsweetened) or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 FOR POUND CAKES: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325ºF.
- 2 Generously butter and flour 10 miniature bundt cake pans (about 1 cup capacity each). Sift flour and salt into medium bowl.
- 3 Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat until well blended, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with whipping cream in 3 additions each until blended.
- 4 Combine dried cherries, Grand Marnier and orange peel in small bowl. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 5 Stir cherry mixture and chocolate chips into pound cake batter. Divide mixture among prepared bundt pans (about scant 3/4 cup batter for each). Bake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 38 to 40 minutes. Cool on rack in pans for 15 minutes. Cut around sides of pan to loosen cakes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
- 6 FOR CHOCOLATE-ORANGE GLAZE TOPPING: Stir chocolate, butter and corn syrup in heavy small saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 7 Add orange juice concentrate and whisk to blend well. Let cool until mixture thickens and falls in heavy ribbons from spoon. Spoon or drizzle over Bundt cakes. Let stand until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day.