Unmolding such a delicate dessert can be tricky so use a pate mold with collapsible sides. The pate will come away from the sides cleanly and can then be easily inverted to a serving platter.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 328 Fat, Total: 27g Carbohydrates, Total: 23g
Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 23mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 74% % Cal. from Carbs: 28%
Cooking.com Tip: Unmolding such a delicate dessert can be tricky so use a pate mold with collapsible sides. The pate will come away from the sides cleanly and can then be easily inverted to a serving platter.
- 12 ounces best-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella)
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 Butter bottom of pate mold and line with piece of parchment paper, trimmed to fit bottom evenly. Melt chocolate with butter in large metal bowl over pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in Nutella. Let stand until cool but not set, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- 2 Whip cream to soft peaks in another bowl. Fold cream into chocolate mixture. Fold in half of nuts. Spoon chocolate mixture into mold, smoothing evenly. Sprinkle remaining hazelnuts over top, pressing lightly into chocolate to adhere. Chill until firm, overnight. (Can be prepared up to 1 week ahead; cover.)
- 3 Release pan sides and invert onto plate; peel off parchment. Using warm slicing knife, cut into thin slices. Serve with creme anglaise if desired.