Chocolate Souffle Cakes Recipe. Using our molten chocolate cake kit, its easy to prepare individual souffles that puff up beautifully and make an impressive presentation. A drizzle of velvety caramel sauce adds a decadent finish.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
- 1 molten chocolate cake kit
- 5 egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Warmed caramel sauce for serving
- 1 Preheat an oven to 375°F. Butter and sugar ten 4.7 fluid ounces ramekins and place on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 2 Prepare the molten chocolate cake batter according to the package instructions. Let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes to allow the batter to firm up.
- 3 In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites and salt on medium-high speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase the speed to high, gradually add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form, about 3 minutes more.
- 4 Using a rubber spatula, fold half of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until combined. Then gently fold in the remaining whites just until no white streaks remain; do not overmix.
- 5 Divide the batter evenly among the prepared ramekins and smooth the tops. Bake until the soufflés are puffed but still jiggle slightly in the center when the ramekins are gently shaken, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer the ramekins to individual dessert plates and pour warmed caramel sauce over the soufflés. Serve immediately. Serves 10.