Wacky Cake gets its name from the substitution of traditional cake ingredients with those that are a little different. In this Chocolate Strawberry Wacky Cake, we use mayonnaise instead of eggs!
You’ll want the watch the how-to video, so click here to see how it’s done.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside
- 2 Preheat oven to 350F degrees
- 3 Combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- 4 Once combined, add all of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredient mixture
- 5 Stir all ingredients until you have a smooth batter without lumps
- 6 Grease or butter two 9 inch round cake pans. Pour the batter evenly into both cake pans
- 7 Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Check the cakes with a fork or toothpick after 15 minutes to see if they’re done
- 8 For icing use any cream cheese based frosting recipe. Ice both cakes. For the top of the bottom cake mix fresh cut strawberries into the frosting. Garnish the top of the cake with strawberries and mint leaves
- 9 Serve and enjoy!