In Love You Like Christmas, the heroine stays at a boarding house in a small town where the owner, Pam, makes green eggs in honor of the Christmas holiday. The heroine, Maddie, isn’t phased by the eggs, but the homemade biscuits and jam are heavenly…wait, that’s another story! Give this recipe a whirl for your Christmas breakfast and let your culinary star shine.
This one of a series of four e-books launched by Hallmark as companions to four of this year’s warm and inspiring Christmas movies. Each features a recipe for food referenced in the corresponding movie and e-book.
Click below to find recipes from the other three e-books, with links to the e-books on Amazon.
Recipe used with permission of Hallmark Publishing.
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2¼ teaspoon (1 ¼-ounce packet) instant yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- As needed cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plum jam
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- As needed White sparkling sanding sugar
To prepare Christmas biscuits:
- 1 Combine milk, butter, flour, yeast, salt, baking powder and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Slowly add water and beat on high speed until batter is thick and smooth. Cover and let rest in a warm draft-free location for 1 hour, or until frothy bubbles form on surface.
- 2 Heat oiled griddle (or cast iron skillet) over medium-low heat. Arrange oiled crumpet rings on griddle; portion 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter (based on size of rings) into each crumpet ring. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tops are dry and covered with bubbles. Remove rings and flip each with a spatula. Cook an additional 5 minutes; remove from pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
To prepare jam:
- 1 Combine plum jam and orange marmalade in small bowl and gently stir to blend. Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle sparkling sanding sugar over the top just before serving.
- 2 Serve Christmas biscuits warm or toasted with butter and sugarplum jam.