Make sure your friends stay warm all winter; give them this gift of Christmas soup.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Use a funnel to pour the dry ingredients into the bottom of the jar.
Cut an 8-inch circle or square out of Christmas or other festive fabric to decorate the tops of the jars. For extra padding, cut a 4-inch round of polyester batting to place on top of lid, then cover with fabric and tie with ribbon.
- 1 package (1.61 ounces) Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup dried celery flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups uncooked small to medium-size pasta (such as tree shapes, farfalle, gemelli, or heart shapes)
- 1 Pour Pioneer Brown Gravy Mix into wide-mouth quart jar. In small bowl, stir together bouillon granules, onion, celery and parsley. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add pasta. Close with lid.
- 2 Make the gift tag: "Brown 1 pound ground beef in a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven. Add contents of jar, 7 cups water and 1 can (16 ounces) chopped tomatoes, undrained; stir in 1 cup frozen peas or green beans, if desired. Heat to boiling on high. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally. Garnish with shredded Cheddar cheese. Makes 8 servings."
- 3 Attach gift tag and decorate jar as desired.