Makes a great appetizer or cheese course for a special holiday meal! If you don’t like Apricot, feel free to substitute hone, cranberry sauce, or another jam of your choosing. Nuts are optional.
Check this out in gift form in our 12 Days of Foodie Gifts series.
- Apricot Jam
- Almonds, Pecans or Walnuts
- 1 Remove Brie from wrapping and place in an oven safe dish (like a glass pie plate).
- 2 If you wish, you can scrape off some of the rind, but it is not necessary. It is completely edible and makes a nice texture when combined with the soft inside cheese and a cracker.
- 3 Pour or spoon apricot jam over the top, letting it run over the sides. The amount is up to you. Using more will just allow for some deliciously crusty jam to scrape up with the cheese.
- 4 Add almonds, pecans or walnuts to the top so they toast as the Brie bakes.
- 5 Bake at 350ºF for about 10 minutes.
- 6 Serve in its baking dish with crackers or crusty bread on the side.