Cinnamon Pound Cake Recipe. Cinnamon pound cake is a delicious treat for any occasion.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Makes 1 loaf
Facts per Serving
Calories: 215 Fat, Total: 13g Carbohydrates, Total: 23g
Cholesterol: 84mg Sodium: 131mg Protein: 3g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 54% % Cal. from Carbs: 43%
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- TOASTED CINNAMON POUND CAKE WITH GINGERED SAUTEED PEARS AND VANILLA ICE CREAM: 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced crystallized ginger
- 4 to 6 3/4-inch-thick slices Cinnamon Pound Cake
- Vanilla Ice cream
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Butter and flour 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan.
- 3 Sift first 4 ingredients into small bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Mix in vanilla. Carefully mix in dry ingredients, mixing just until combined (do not overmix). Transfer to prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until golden brown, about 55 minutes. Cool cake 5 minutes in pan. Turn out onto rack. Turn right-side up and cool completely.
- 4 DO-AHEAD TIP: Cake can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Wrap tightly in plastic and store at cool room temperature.
- 5 TOASTED CINNAMON POUND CAKE WITH GINGERED SAUTEED PEARS AND VANILLA ICE CREAM: Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle sugar over butter and cook without stirring until sugar melts and turns golden brown, about 4 minutes. Immediately add pears and ginger. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally and gently, until pears are juicy and caramel in pan dissolves, about 12 minutes. Continue cooking until juices thicken into syrup consistency and pears are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- 6 DO-AHEAD TIP: Pears can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill. Stir over medium heat to rewarm before serving.
- 7 Preheat broiler. Arrange cake slices on baking sheet. Broil until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Place 1 cake slice on each plate. Spoon pears and juices over cake. Top with scoop of ice cream and serve.