Fresh oranges and ground ginger pair to make a bold and nutrient-packed accompaniment to rich salmon fillets. Serve the antioxidant-rich relish with any kind of fish, or with shrimp or scallops.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 283, Fat: 11 g, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Cholesterol: 62 mg, Sodium: 354 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 25 g.
- For the Citrus Salmon: 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the Orange Relish: 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1 For the Salmon, mix orange juice, oil and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in small bowl. Place salmon in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. For the Relish, mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix brown sugar, paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon thyme and salt in small bowl. Remove salmon from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Rub salmon evenly with paprika mixture. Place salmon on foil-lined baking pan.
- 3 Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Or, grill salmon over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve salmon with Orange Relish.