Treat your “back-to-schoolers” to these chewy cookies when they get home after a long, hard day at school. Great served with a glass of cold milk.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
To toast almonds, place in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on High for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every minute.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled or quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut
- 2 cups large semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat sugars, butter and margarine until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, milk, honey and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir together Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, oats and salt. Add to sugar mixture and mix on low speed until blended. Add coconut, chocolate chips and almonds; mix on low speed to combine. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- 3 Place teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on oiled cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 13 minutes or until just slightly soft and moist; do not overbake.
- 4 Cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.