Just in time for National Coffee Day, here’s something sweet to go along with at least one of your daily cups! Recipe courtesy of Melitta.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup strong brewed Melitta Classic Blend coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 In a saucepan over moderate heat, mix together all ingredients except nuts, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 2 Boil, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the soft ball stage (234 degrees).
- 3 Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm without stirring.
- 4 Beat until mixture thickens and is no longer glossy. Stir in nuts and pour into buttered pie plate or dish, to a thickness of approximately 1 inch.
- 5 Refrigerate until firm.
- 6 Cut into serving pieces.
- 7 Quantity varies with thickness of fudge.