Cold Vietnamese Spring Rolls Recipe – This is a great vegetarian option for your next cocktail party. Serve with tangy Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette.
This is a great vegetarian option for your next cocktail party. Serve with tangy Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 235 Fat, Total: 5g Carbohydrates, Total: 40g
Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 724mg Protein: 8g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 19% % Cal. from Carbs: 68%
DO AHEAD: Spring rolls may be made up to 4 hours ahead. Cover with damp clean kitchen towel then plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 2 cups julienned seeded cucumber
- 1 cup minced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 16 rice paper wrappers
- Daikon sprout, for garnish
- FOR DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crushed toasted peanuts
- 1 Toss first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- 2 Dip one rice paper wrapper into cold water. Shake off excess water. Place vegetable filling off-center on rice paper and wrap like a burrito. Repeat with remaining vegetable filling and rice paper wrappers.
- 3 To make Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette dipping sauce, add next 7 ingredients together, toasting peanuts first.
- 4 Garnish spring rolls with daikon sprouts and serve with Crushed Peanut and Lime Vinaigrette for dipping.